Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You had to be a Big Shot, didn't cha....

Ok, so I'm dating myself...  How many of you recognize these lyrics?

Well, you went uptown ridin' in your limousine

With your fine Park Avenue clothes
You had the Dom Perignon in your hand
And the spoon up your nose
Ooh, and when you wake up in the mornin'
With your head on fire
And your eyes too bloody to see
Go on and cry in your coffee
But don't come bitchin' to me

Because you had to be a big shot, didn't cha
You had to open up your mouth
You had to be a big shot, didn't cha
All your friends were so knocked out
You had to have the last word, last night
You know what everything's about
You had to have a white hot spotlight
You had to be a big shot last night

And they were all impressed with your Halston dress
And the people that you knew at Elaine's
And the story of your latest success
You kept 'em so entertained
But now you just don't remember
All the things you said
And you're not sure that you want to know
I'll give you one hint, honey
You sure did put on a show

Yes, yes, you had to be a big shot, didn't cha
You had to prove it to the crowd
You had to be a big shot, didn't cha
All your friends were so knocked out
You had to have the last word, last night
You're so much fun to be around
You had to have the front page, bold type
You had to be a big shot last night, Oh oh

Oh Oh whoa whoa oh, Oh Oh whoa who-oo-oo-oo-ah,
Oh Oh Oh whoa whoa oh, Oh Oh whoa.

Well, it's no big sin to stick your two cents in
If you know when to leave it alone
But you went over the line
You couldn't see it was time to go home
No, no, no, no, no, no

You had to be a big shot, didn't cha
You had to open up your mouth
You had to be a big shot, didn't cha
All your friends were so knocked out
You had to have the last word, last night
So much fun to be around

You had to have the white hot spotlight
You had to be a big shot last night, Oh oh

Oh Oh whoa whoa oh, Oh Oh whoa.
Big shot … Big shot … Big shot … Mmmm … Big shot … Whoa whoa!

Big shot …
 
Oops, sorry, I got carried away!  It's a good thing this computer doesn't have a microphone! YIKES!  Anyway, that was Billy Joel's song from...ahem!..."a long time ago" for you young whippersnappers.  He used to be married to Christie Brinkley..."Who?" "Nevermind!"  Let's get on to the Big Shot projects I have to share with you!
 
This is a fabric flower I made a while back...the first photo is how it looks after putting it all together.  The second photo is how it looks after it's been spritzed with water and tossed in the dryer for a few minutes.  (What?  Of course I don't run the dryer for just a flower or two!  Do you think I would waste all that electricity for my craft project?! :p )
 


Here are some made from a Batik fabric.


I also had some fun making these...


Little mini canvas totes embellished with a sassy Build-A-Bear and Sweet Pea Felt accents.  The Sweet Pea Felt accents are wonderful!  They look like that right out of the package! :)  Easy Peasy!  There is so much to do with the Build-A-Bear line of Sizzix dies...  I'll show you my composition book later if I still have one.  Or I can make more, right?  Here are the totes close up.


Standard size cards and envelopes fit perfectly in these totes.  What a great gift for a teacher, co-worker, friend, mother, sister....  Anyone would love to receive some cute handmade cards in a cute decorated bag!

Ok, one more thing to share.  This is a tag using our heart chipboard album pages individually.


I covered the chipboard with the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper--you can cover 2 hearts front and back with one sheet of paper!  I love the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack.  It is a great value and there is a wonderful variety of designs!  I have made many projects, including Stamp Camp project packets for 130 and all of the chipboard hearts along with some others all with one stack and I still have a lot more!

Oh, then I used the scraps (Hey, no laughing!) to cover chipboard letters for the monogram.  If I didn't already have the chipboard letters, I would have adhered the DSP to a piece of chipboard and die cut it with the Big Shot.  I attached the letters with mini glue dots.  Tied a piece of our Pretty in Pink Satin ribbon and voila!  A very cute tag!  I made the tags for my guests at Stamp Camp.  I will share photos from Stamp Camp soon...it was a fun day for all and we made some great prujects!  Thanks for stopping by!  Please come back to visit and see what we made!

Have a sunny day!
Stampin' Smiles!
jane 

2 comments:

  1. great projects, jane! and boy, can you talk! can I stop by Wed to pick up the brads? LMK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you've been busy! love the bag, love the flowers, love the tags... pretty much love everything you make! you are on a roll... can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete