Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baskets and Blooms Simple Tutorial

Brrr...Good Morning!  We're experiencing some "cold" weather here in Hawaii...Temperatures in the low to high 60's.  Okay, okay, I know it's nothing compared to some folks on the mainland (which is what we islanders call the continental U.S.), but for us it's quite chilly! :)  Our children actually had to use a blanket last night!  hee, hee!  I spent some time visiting Debbie Naylor's blog yesterday and wished I could be frolicking in the snow with her furry family members!  That looked really cold!  And oh so lovely!  (Hi Debbie!)

I thought I'd post some very simple instructions on the Basket and Blooms Box that I posted on Stampin' Connection and here in an earlier post.

This is a photo of the project:



  1. Cut the two basket pieces from Stampin' Up!'s Exclusive Basket & Blooms Bigz XL Die using your favorite Designer Series Paper(DSP).  At the moment, mine happens to be the bling bling Sending Love DSP!  I love this paper!  Trim off the flaps from both pieces along the perforation.

  2. To make the box.  I used a 5-1/4" x 7" piece of Whisper White card stock.  Scored at 2" from all edges using the Paper Cutter w/Scoring Blade.  Cut along bold lines as shown in diagram.

  3. Fold along score lines and crease well with bone folder.  I like to have nice crisp corners on my boxes.  Adhere with Sticky Strip.

  4. Add Sticky Strip to  "front" and "back" of box and attach basket sides.

  5. Tie White Taffeta ribbon around.  I tack it down with a littl SNAIL to keep it in place.

  6. To make Blossom accent, punch 4 Scallop Circles of DSP using Scallop Circle punch.  Scrunch them up giving them a distressed cup-like shape.

  7. Use Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to make a hole in the center of all four layers.  I used an Epoxy Brad to hold it all together.  Final touch up to shape can be made after it's all put together.  Attach to front with a Stampin' Dimensonal.

                           

Stampin' Up Products Used:

Stampin' Up!'s Exclusive Basket & Blooms Bigz XL Die (113484)
Sending Love Designer Series Paper (117153)*
Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
Paper Cutter (104152)
Cutting & Scoring Blade Refills (104154)
Bone Folder (102300)
Scallop Circle Punch (109043)
Paper-Piercing Tool (116631)
Mat Pack (105826)
White Taffeta Ribbon (109070)
Pretty in Pink Sending Love 1/2" Epoxy Brads (117271)*
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Sticky Strip (104294)
Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

*These are featured in the Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog

Don't forget about Sale-A-Bration!

Thanks for visiting!  Please let me know if you have any questions/comments.
Stampin' Smiles!
jane

2 comments:

  1. great tutorial!! love that flower! so many posts! falling off my chair! jus' kidding!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tutorial! That flower is really cute... gotta try that one out! I am loving this cold weather too. Your kids only slept with one blanket? I had to use 3 and I was still cold...hehehe! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete