Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Hello Kitty Birthday...

Yikes!  Has it been that long since my last post?!  Oh my!  How time flies!

I wanted to share a couple of photos from Leah's 7th Birthday...  I made her a Hello Kitty birthday cake and Mani/Pedi Caddies (want to think of a better name...but for now this will  have to do....I found a version online--can't remember the site.  Will post it when I find it again)

It's hard to believe our "baby" is 7 years old...  I can't imagine how that can possibly be when I don't feel a day older...ha, ha.  Anyway, here's the photos...



Leah requested I make her a cake...even though cupcakes were provided... ;)
She said she likes my frosting.


Here's part of the goodies for the girls to take home...


front view


"back" view


side view

It was a Hello Kitty/mini manicure party at Cupcake Boutique at Ward Warehouse.  They are so wonderful!  Excellent to plan parties with!  The girls enjoyed pizza and pog, made beaded bracelets and had mini manicures.  Then a special visit from Hello Kitty herself and a photo session!  Thank you ladies!

I found some cute things to put in the caddies.  The purple bottle is nail polish remover.  I wanted pink, but they didn't have enough at the store.  In the front pocket is a little box of Hello Kitty "fake nails", a Hello Kitty emery board, Hello Kitty band aids, Hello Kitty nail polish, Hello Kitty Marshmallow candy.  In the back pocket a Hello Kitty plush key chain with a little lip gloss attached, and a Hello Kitty lip balm.  I also found some cute Hello Kitty foam toe separators, but I couldn't find enough for all the caddies.

I used Stampin' Up Melon Mambo card stock, Pretty in Pink Designer Series Paper and White Satin Ribbon.  The Melon Mambo retired polka dot ribbon would have been cute!  I also used the 1" circle punch.

I have more to share...will be back real soon!
Thank you for stopping by!
Stampin' Smiles,
jane 

2 comments:

  1. love the cake and the caddies! yes, cupcake boutique is a fun place to have a party. bethany had her hello kitty party there last year and loved it! now bryleigh is saying she wants her party there too... lol! happy birthday leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the cake and favors! u r an awesome mommy! elise and i both agree! four thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete